"Transbal GL" is the sequel of Super Transball 2,
Inspired in THRUST type of games (and concretely
in ZARA THRUSTA for the Amiga 500). In each level of Transball, the
goal is to find the SPHERE, capture it and carry it to the upper part
of the level. The main obstacle is the gravity, that impulses you
towards the ground. But many other obstacles, canons, tanks, doors,
etc. will try to make difficult your journey...
You can choose between eleven types of ships for acomplishing
your goal. Each one of the ships has its own characteristics. However, only three of them are available at the beginning,
you will have to unlock the remaining of them by yourself! Here's the description of some of them:
- The SHADOW RUNNER is an extremely fast ship, and
has "retro thrusters", that can often safe your life. The problem
with this ship is that its weapons have nearly no destruction power,
and thus, many shots are needed to kill each enemy (4 shots for a
- The V-PANTHER 2 is the ship that you controlled in
"Transball" and "Transball 2". Its a well balanced ship, it has
medium speed, and medium powered weapons (2 shots to kill a standard
- The X-TERMINATOR is an extremely powerfull ship.
It can kill a standard canon with only one shot, but the main problem
is that as it is heavy weighted, it cannot reach high speeds.
- The VIPPER BEAM is also an extremely powerfull ship. It is loaded with a laser that can destroy enemies in a flash.
However, the ship is bulky and slow, making it difficult to maneuver.
- The C-HARPOON is a ship that comes with a grabber. Using the grabber you can get hold of the ball without
danger or losing it. However, since the ball is attached to the ship, it might also pull the ship towards
Once you have chosen your ship, you are ready to play.
Here you have some screenshots of the game:
As Super Transball 2, Transball GL is not an easy game, you will need lots of practice to unlock all the ships and complete all the levels!
Another feature of Transball GL, is that you can
save replays of your games. The game automaticall saves your best replays with each ship in each level. If you think you are a master in
transball, please sent me your replays!!! We will see who's the best pilot!
5-August-2016 - Transball GL on github
- I moved the Transball GL project to github: https://github.com/santiontanon/transballgl
- I compiled a version with emscripten that can be played online (with some limitations): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3303662/BrainGames/transballgl/TGL.html
This is an open source game, can get the latest version of the game from github https://github.com/santiontanon/transballgl.
Visit the forums