Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Talk
 Brain Games Forums : General Talk
Subject Topic: MSX Rambo Remake Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
marcoblbr

Posted: 08 September 2010 at 19:50 | IP Logged Quote marcoblbr

Hey guys!

The game Rambo for the MSX for me is the best game in the world. So I decided that this game needed a remake with today's graphics and a harder AI!

I've been working on this game for a few days, getting sprites and etc. I was able to make this simple version, Rambo v0.000001, that you can see on the pictures.

Still a lot of work to do. For the moment, the graphics look ugly but I'm working on the game's logic right now.

Since the original game had only 1 level, I'm also working on Rambo 2 which will have many different levels and a story with animations from an old cartoon of Rambo.

So, for all Rambo fans out there, there will be a Rambo Remake pretty soon!!

Edited by marcoblbr on 08 September 2010 at 20:04
Back to Top View marcoblbr's Profile Search for other posts by marcoblbr Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Riptillian
Admin Group
Admin Group
Barechet

Posted: 09 September 2010 at 02:50 | IP Logged Quote Riptillian

I've never played the game but I saw it many times I don't think its my type, but I'll be looking forward to this remake. Good luck :)

Iamweasel

Posted: 13 September 2010 at 21:55 | IP Logged Quote Iamweasel

Hi,

It is always nice to find someone from Brazil here. :)

Great news, I love the rambo game too, I played it a lot when I was a kid. I like the intro screen, looks really nice! :) About the graphics, I suggest you to put your energy in the coding and use the original graphics for a while, after finishing the code you will always find help with the graphics/music. The code is the part that you will probably have to finish yourself, so IMHO it's better to focus on it first.

Mauricio.
Back to Top View Iamweasel's Profile Search for other posts by Iamweasel Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

marcoblbr

Posted: 14 September 2010 at 17:20 | IP Logged Quote marcoblbr

Thanks! I live in Sao Paulo. Are you a game developer too?

I'm still working on the game's logic. I did most of the job with rambo, but I still need to put enemies and stuff.

I spent a huge amount of time working with the graphics, searching for good sprites and fixing them with photoshop but they're almost done! :)

Here's an update on the 2 screens...

Since the game stars with Rambo in the middle of the screen, I thought it would be nice to make him arriving in a parachute! :p

I'll keep updating here until I get a website! I'm working on average about 2h a day on this project!

Edited by marcoblbr on 14 September 2010 at 17:37
Back to Top View marcoblbr's Profile Search for other posts by marcoblbr Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Iamweasel

Posted: 18 September 2010 at 19:41 | IP Logged Quote Iamweasel

marcoblbr wrote:
Thanks! I live in Sao Paulo. Are you a game developer too?

Yes, I'm a game developer too. Besides a unfinished remake that never saw the light of the day, I helped in the development of Braingames' remakes Goonies and F1 Spirit. I live in Recife, btw.

marcoblbr wrote:

I'm still working on the game's logic. I did most of the job with rambo, but I still need to put enemies and stuff.

I spent a huge amount of time working with the graphics, searching for good sprites and fixing them with photoshop but they're almost done! :)

Since the game stars with Rambo in the middle of the screen, I thought it would be nice to make him arriving in a parachute! :p

I'll keep updating here until I get a website! I'm working on average about 2h a day on this project!

Good to know that. :) And the 2 new screens look nice, I also liked the parachute arriving, it reminds the second movie, good idea. :)

Keep up the good work, it would be nice if you can keep posting pictures, betas, whatever here in the forum, we can always give you feedback here.

Mauricio.
Back to Top View Iamweasel's Profile Search for other posts by Iamweasel Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Iamweasel

Posted: 23 September 2010 at 22:36 | IP Logged Quote Iamweasel

btw, which language are you using to develop your remake?

Mauricio.

AcesHigh

Posted: 27 September 2010 at 18:27 | IP Logged Quote AcesHigh

hey, dont forget I am brazilian too!
Back to Top View AcesHigh's Profile Search for other posts by AcesHigh Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Iamweasel

Posted: 06 October 2010 at 00:46 | IP Logged Quote Iamweasel

AcesHigh wrote:
hey, dont forget I am brazilian too!

Hehehe, don't worry AcesHigh, I didn't forget you.

Mauricio.

franfistro

Posted: 12 March 2012 at 18:17 | IP Logged Quote franfistro

OMG, Rambo.
I played this game in MSX a long time ago. It was very hard, specially the last part where you had to guide the guy to the helicopter.
Back to Top View franfistro's Profile Search for other posts by franfistro Visit franfistro's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version