Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Nether Earth
 Brain Games Forums : Nether Earth
Subject Topic: New skins! (Nether Earth REMAKE v0.53) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Daniel_Laixer

Posted: 17 February 2010 at 01:57 | IP Logged Quote Daniel_Laixer

Hello everybody, this is my first post

I've been playing Nether Earth for two days and I decided to make a new pack of textures. There's only a problem with the holes of the ground. If you like it I will upload the pack.

Edited by Daniel_Laixer on 17 February 2010 at 01:57
Back to Top View Daniel_Laixer's Profile Search for other posts by Daniel_Laixer Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 18 February 2010 at 21:49 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

Hi Daniel, welcome to our forums!

I like the skin in general, it's different from the other skin (it looks more realistic). I think the robots could use some more work though, maybe they would look better if they were more metallic?
Back to Top View Jorito's Profile Search for other posts by Jorito Visit Jorito's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Daniel_Laixer

Posted: 19 February 2010 at 03:08 | IP Logged Quote Daniel_Laixer

They were suposed to look like old metal or something like. Actually I took the texture from a grafitti in a wall:

This time I used a coloured metal texture and I improved the white/yellow stripes. Does it look better now? :D

...And a map topview
Back to Top View Daniel_Laixer's Profile Search for other posts by Daniel_Laixer Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 19 February 2010 at 22:21 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Hi Daniel, that's pretty cool.

The holes in the ground can be easily replaced by textures too though. Notice that each tile is just a .ase file (some text format that 3DStudio can export to). So, you simply have to replace that file with whatever shape you would like the hole to have.

And yeah, it'd be great if you can upload the textures somewhere, and I'll add a link in the game website.

The newer version of the robots looks nicer :)

Now the only texture I'm not convinced of are those black stains in the ground, which I assume represent the mountains. The texture does not match very well with the other ground textures. But the rest looks great!
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Daniel_Laixer

Posted: 20 February 2010 at 03:07 | IP Logged Quote Daniel_Laixer

Thanks for your comments ^^. I hope Blender can open .ase files, because it's the only tool I can use by now . The stains are suposedly oil puddles XD. I'm going to replace it with don't-know-what-yet.

When I finish it will upload it to a direct download site. BTW, I made sure all textures I used were free and the licenses were suitable for this task.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version