Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Maze of Galious 2
 Brain Games Forums : Maze of Galious 2
Subject Topic: Is this project still alive? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
itsmeyouidiot

Posted: 27áSeptemberá2009 at 01:52 | IP Logged Quote itsmeyouidiot

Hi, I'm kinda new here, but there's something I kind of want to know about the MOG2 project.

I became interested in this project after playing both La-Mulana and the MOG remake, but I noticed it's been awhile since any progress was mentioned.

I just want to know, is the project still alive?

No particular rush or anything (La-Mulana took five years to make, after all), I just wanted to know if the MOG2 project still exists.
Back to Top View itsmeyouidiot's Profile Search for other posts by itsmeyouidiot Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 29áSeptemberá2009 at 22:34 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

Hmmm, I doubt that MOG2 will ever be finished. But the best person to ask would be Popolon, since he's the one who started the MOG2 project.

I hope he reads this so he can respond in person
Back to Top View Jorito's Profile Search for other posts by Jorito Visit Jorito's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 30áSeptemberá2009 at 17:52 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

I really would like the project to be finished. The problem now is that the engine I coded for MoG2 is already outdated... so, I would need to bring it back to date. And also there was some decisions I took that I do not like now (like trying to make an overly-generic engine that works for any platform game).

I think that something more realistic would be to do another take at MoG, i.e. a "re-remake" (something I've been thinking for a long time, since we already have all the rooms, enemies, etc. extracted out of MoG), and then maybe we can reuse that engine for MoG2...
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 30áSeptemberá2009 at 19:44 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

Popolon wrote:
I think that something more realistic would be to do another take at MoG, i.e. a "re-remake" (something I've been thinking for a long time, since we already have all the rooms, enemies, etc. extracted out of MoG), and then maybe we can reuse that engine for MoG2...

Hmmm, that would 'force' me to arrange the few missing (IIRC only the ending) and to finalize the sound effects in the Jorito soundset . Still, it sounds like a doable idea to first re-remake MoG (fixing the remaining bugs, improving the graphics to > 256 colors and getting rid of SDL_sound).

Still, sounds like quite a bit of work .
Back to Top View Jorito's Profile Search for other posts by Jorito Visit Jorito's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

itsmeyouidiot

Posted: 30áSeptemberá2009 at 21:01 | IP Logged Quote itsmeyouidiot

Sounds cool. I really liked La-Mulana, and I'd like to see another spiritual successor to MOG, and an unofficial sequel sounds awesome. I know coding a game engine takes a lot of work, so you can take your time on it. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be vaporware .

Speaking of which, did you know there's actually a hidden area in La-Mulana that's based off of MOG? You even get to go to world one and summon YOMAR! He doesn't fight, but he does wear skin pajamas and talks to you before giving you a MOG ROM, which has some of the more powerful ROM combinations in-game.
Back to Top View itsmeyouidiot's Profile Search for other posts by itsmeyouidiot Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 30áSeptemberá2009 at 21:21 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Wow! I didn not know that in La-Mulana. I never finished it, I played a lot a couple of years back, but never finished it completely. But it was an awesome game!
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version