Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Nether Earth
 Brain Games Forums : Nether Earth
Subject Topic: How about version 0.53 ? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
patsie

Posted: 24†September†2009 at 20:10 | IP Logged Quote patsie

@md3d: you can define your own up/down/left/right keys in the options menu.
Back to Top View patsie's Profile Search for other posts by patsie Visit patsie's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

md3d

Posted: 25†September†2009 at 04:56 | IP Logged Quote md3d

patsie wrote:
@md3d: you can define your own up/down/left/right keys in the options menu.

Yes of course. It help me for movement of ship but in "robot construction" menu it mirror reflected.

Who made this version ?
http://www.braingames.getput.com/nether/netherearth052.zip

Edited by md3d on 25†September†2009 at 04:57
Back to Top View md3d's Profile Search for other posts by md3d Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

patsie

Posted: 25†September†2009 at 13:16 | IP Logged Quote patsie

The 0.52 version was made by Popolon. I did some changes to that v0.52 source, checked it in SVN and made a v0.53
It's quite some time ago, but it could very well be that I made those keyboard changes.
Back to Top View patsie's Profile Search for other posts by patsie Visit patsie's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 25†September†2009 at 20:40 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

@md3d: You seem to be quite good at making 3D graphics. Maybe you would like to help us out with another remake we are working on (we will resume work soon again).

The game is Knightmare for MSX. You can find a gameplay movie here, some general plans http://trac.jorito.net/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/KnightmarePlan">here, and the forums are here.

The idea is to add real 3D objects to the side of the playing screen, like pillars, rocks, statues, walls and other stuff that will fit the game. The rest of the game will be 2D.

Feel like helping us out? If you're interested, I could try creating a Windows binary for you.
Back to Top View Jorito's Profile Search for other posts by Jorito Visit Jorito's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

md3d

Posted: 28†September†2009 at 08:56 | IP Logged Quote md3d

@Jorito

őÍ. I can try made some 3D models.
Greate for me Windows version of this game.

Edited by md3d on 28†September†2009 at 11:53
Back to Top View md3d's Profile Search for other posts by md3d Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 29†September†2009 at 00:17 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

md3d, I will create a Windows version for you somewhere this week. Note that the game isn't playable yet (hi Popolon! ) so you can have a look.

I like that 3D image you made, but unfortunately it doesn't fit the other pixel art that David made for the in-game graphics . Still, it would make a great icon or we can use it in another part of the game! But for now, the focus must be on the 3D elements that will be mostly on the sides of the screen.

I hope Popolon can shed a light on what 3D things we can and can't do?
Back to Top View Jorito's Profile Search for other posts by Jorito Visit Jorito's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 29†September†2009 at 00:32 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

We can have any 3d thing, either as enemies/characters or as background elements. That's not a problem. The only issue is, as you said, to maintain a coherent visual style. I think that if we limit the 3d to buildings and pixel-art to enemies/characters we will achieve a nice effect.
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 29†September†2009 at 17:59 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Btw md3d. I just tested your new tracks animation. It looks awesome! I'm on a trip right now (in Orlando). I'll be back home in 2 weeks, and I will generate a new windows binary.
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 29†September†2009 at 18:55 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

Popolon, you're on a theme park trip? I went to florida in july and did the obligatory Disney/MGM tour!

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 29†September†2009 at 20:46 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

hahaha, not really. I visited the Kenedy Space Center 2 days ago since I'm here. But I'm here for work . Let's see if I get some time next weekend to go Disney...

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 29†September†2009 at 22:32 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

Kennedy Space Center was nice, but we had too little time and missed a few things. Disney is nice if you haven't been there yet. I heard you can get some very good food in Epcot (and walking in Epcot is quite nice). If you need more info, I spent 7 days in Orlando visiting nothing but amusement parks and the NASA stuff

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 29†September†2009 at 22:33 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

@md3d: I like that Knight image you made. Can you render the image again on a transparent background? I would like to use it as the icon for the game!

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 30†September†2009 at 00:15 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

@md3d: you can get a test version for windows of the Knightmare remake on the Knightmare forums. Also it would be nice if you could say 'hi' to the rest of the folks there, and if we can continue Nether Earth talk here, and Knightmare talk in the other forum

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06†October†2009 at 23:34 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

Hello md3d, I was wondering if you managed to run that Knightmare remake test build I made for you. It would be nice to hear if it runs, and if you feel like making some 3D models

WeAveRs

Posted: 24†July†2010 at 07:40 | IP Logged Quote WeAveRs

I love playing Nether Earth because of the real time strategies though it is a old game I still love playing it..

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Page of 4
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version