Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Maze of Galious
 Brain Games Forums : The Maze of Galious
Subject Topic: Addition Suggestions (NES) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Vergil

Posted: 09 November 2008 at 10:06 | IP Logged Quote Vergil

I am writing this as I have several ideas to add to Maze of Galious remake.

The remake so far consists of the MSX version of the game. I think the NES map also should be added. Also, a graphic/sound set based off the NES version would be a nice touch. I consider the NES version superior to the MSX one but I believe even the MSX MoG fans would welcome a selection of map sets.

The other feature would be the editor allowing the player to create his/her own variation of Galious' Castle. This would also require the creator to select whether the MSX theme should be used (stones, demon names), or the NES one (red chests, key combinations).

Also a third feature comes into my mind, basically it's a "cheat" available in the NES version, however being absent from the MSX one or the remake. If you stand at the bottom of a ladder and keep pressing up and down, you should be able to jump off exactly below the ladder. Can this be implemented?

Please let me know if my suggestions were useful.

Back to Top View Vergil's Profile Search for other posts by Vergil Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10 November 2008 at 23:44 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

Hmm... the hard part would be to motivate people to work on the MoG remake again, since most people think it's finished . Music-wise (my job) the Jorito soundset is nearly complete and will probably be finished someday (but it's a long term project).

Code-wise, the code is so old and hard to maintain when compared to the later remakes that it would probably be a better idea to implement something like this from scratch. For this, the MoG2 editor was created, and if I remember well, when it was finished the Maze of Galious remake was to be remade. But it never got that far, due to hard disk crash and lack of free time...

So I'm not very hopeful about this happening, but maybe Santi/Popolon can be motivated enough for this. Who knows .
Back to Top View Jorito's Profile Search for other posts by Jorito Visit Jorito's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

sandy85

Posted: 04 September 2009 at 14:43 | IP Logged Quote sandy85

Just simply you can implemented jump with continues loop with GOTO options.
Back to Top View sandy85's Profile Search for other posts by sandy85 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version