Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Nether Earth
 Brain Games Forums : Nether Earth
Subject Topic: SVN for Nether Earth Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
freegamer

Posted: 15 March 2008 at 04:06 | IP Logged Quote freegamer

Is there a publicly accessible SVN for Nether Earth? I was having trouble running it on Linux and wanted to try the latest version.

patsie

Posted: 15 March 2008 at 09:41 | IP Logged Quote patsie

The Nether Earth source is not in the SVN repository we use for f1spirit/goonies/maze of galious/road fighter. (which is not public btw) So I guess the source on the webpage is the latest available.

[edit]
What linux distribution do you have. Since I'm busy building more and more .deb packages from Brain Games-games, perhaps this could be my next project
[/edit]

Edited by patsie on 15 March 2008 at 09:46
Back to Top View patsie's Profile Search for other posts by patsie Visit patsie's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 15 March 2008 at 11:53 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

If Popolon places the project in SVN (or hands me the files so I can do it), it'll be in SVN. I'm still looking into creating nightly SVN exports automatically, just haven't got around to that yet.
Back to Top View Jorito's Profile Search for other posts by Jorito Visit Jorito's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

patsie

Posted: 02 April 2008 at 23:06 | IP Logged Quote patsie

Okay, I've fiddled around a bit with the old nether earth sources. Had some troubles compiling the old girl on the more recent OS'es But after a few tweaks here and there I've got her up-and-running like a charm.
I've upped the project into SVN and will try to make some Ubuntu packages soon.
Back to Top View patsie's Profile Search for other posts by patsie Visit patsie's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

patsie

Posted: 30 April 2008 at 17:45 | IP Logged Quote patsie

Here's a quick link to the Ubuntu/Debian binaries

http://patsie.afraid.org/nether/

I'll talk to Popolon to see if he'll include them on the official website.

freegamer

Posted: 15 October 2008 at 17:58 | IP Logged Quote freegamer

Why don't you have a public SVN? There's many services that provide it (Sourceforge, Googlecode, Sharesource etc).

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 16 October 2008 at 00:25 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

That's mostly due to the nature of (our) remakes. I think the services you mentioned require that your project is open source. Because we do remakes, there is a copyright/trademark limitation in every remake. That is we we can't make it open source/GPL (and therefor we can't use those public SVN services).

BTW, those services provide public readonly SVN access. We have our nightly SVN exports for that!
Back to Top View Jorito's Profile Search for other posts by Jorito Visit Jorito's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version