Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Transball
 Brain Games Forums : Transball
Subject Topic: Transball GL Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 23:56 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Yeah, still alive and kicking.

Not too much time to code yet, but at least I'm updating the web with the latest versions of the sites from your SVN.

A remark by Patsie made me realize that all the download links in the site are absolute. So, when I updated the site, all the downloads all of a sudden point to your server. I'll fix it soon. Do you want me to commit changes to those pages with relative paths? or are the absolute for some reason?
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

patsie

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 07:16 | IP Logged Quote patsie

Hehe, I've been trying to get those relative paths in SVN for some time, but somehow somebody always change them back, so I gave up on it. |-)
Back to Top View patsie's Profile Search for other posts by patsie Visit patsie's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 16 April 2009 at 19:46 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

I commited those absolute URLs since Santi places the downloads on braingames.jorito.net. Hmm... maybe I should just symlink those download dirs?
Back to Top View Jorito's Profile Search for other posts by Jorito Visit Jorito's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 16 April 2009 at 23:22 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Up to you, I was just feeling bad for stealing your bandwidth

I'm not sure how many hits or downloads per month are we getting, any of you know? the old MoG page used to have statistics and it got about 100 hits per day, but not sure how many downloads.
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

patsie

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 07:42 | IP Logged Quote patsie

Well, I don't have any weblog software installed, but a quick 'grep' on 4 weekly logfiles for .deb, .dmg, .tgz and .zip and status 200 revealed the following:
mog: 35
f1spirit: 326
goonies: 53
roadfighter: 46
nether: 60

The extreme contrast of f1 spirit is due to my page being revered to as the 'homepage for f1 spirit' on compactiongames.about.com

Edited by patsie on 17 April 2009 at 07:45
Back to Top View patsie's Profile Search for other posts by patsie Visit patsie's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 21:39 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

I have stats on my webservers, which you can access by appending /stats/ in the URL to the domain names (mog.jorito.net, goonies.jorito.net, f1spirit.jorito.net and roadfighter.jorito.net). Of course, those will only show you the stats of the web pages (since downloads are on braingames.jorito.net). I'll try to set up stats for braingames.jorito.net as well.

About bandwidth... IIRC I have 120GB of traffic available per month, and I only topped that once when the Goonies remake was deeplinked on a Brazilian site

Edited by Jorito on 17 April 2009 at 21:53
Back to Top View Jorito's Profile Search for other posts by Jorito Visit Jorito's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 21:49 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Wow, look at the stats for your Goonies page Jorito! it has thousands of visitors! way to go!

Funny thing that of compactiongames . I keep receiving emails every once in a while of these free games websites asking for permission to include our games...

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 21:53 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

*cough* the stats are available on http://braingames.jorito.net/stats/. I was somewhat shocked to see that I reached 1090GB of traffic in March! I think we were deeplinked again since the Windows version of F-1 Spirit has been downloaded 54679 times! MoG reached 773 downloads, as a runner up.

Browsing through the stats, F-1 Spirit seems to be the most popular remake. Time we finished the network play .

Edited by Jorito on 17 April 2009 at 21:54

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 21:56 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

Popolon wrote:
Wow, look at the stats for your Goonies page Jorito! it has thousands of visitors! way to go!

Funny thing that of compactiongames . I keep receiving emails every once in a while of these free games websites asking for permission to include our games...

Good to know that our remakes are quite popular, this is good for motivation! Maybe that will help us and finish Knightmare... I feel like composing again (last thing I did was nearly finished Usas song...)

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 21:56 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

1090GB!?!?!? does that cost you extra money?

And 54679 times!!!!! that is insane! I wonder how come there are not more users in the highscore pages online...

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 22:00 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

Nope, it didn't cost me any extra money (yet...), and in general I hardly reach my limit.

About the online highscores... you have to actively register and upload for that, I can imagine that it's a barrier for some people. Also, registration or upload didn't work for me on the Mac version just now. It's either a Mac specific bug, or something weird on the server...

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 22:37 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Hmmm.. I see. The URL of the servers is hardcoded in the program. Maybe
it is outdated... I will check it out.

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 18 April 2009 at 21:18 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Indeed it is not a Mac OS X specific bug, I just tried it in Windows and didn't work either.

The problem is that the .asp files for registering/uploading results have disappeared from the server for some reason. I'll ask Jason to see if he has any backup, or try to dig them out of my old laptop...

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 18 April 2009 at 22:07 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

I take back what I said in the last post. It's a permission issue. The scripts are there in the server, but for some reason, when they are run, they cannot overwrite the hiscores files (due to a permission error). Not sure what to do, since the files have RWX permissions for everyone... I'll ask Jason, maybe he knows what's the problem...

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 20 April 2009 at 02:45 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Indeed, it was a permission issue. Jason fixed part of it. I'm working on the second part. Hopefully it will be solved in 1 or 2 days

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 20 April 2009 at 17:50 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

done, Jason fixed it

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 20 April 2009 at 23:28 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

Jay, nice! Now. only 2 things left:

1. To see more high scores, we should probably lower the barrier a bit (but it's better to do this together with network play, if we ever manage to finish that)
  2. We should continue this conversation in another thread

Iamweasel

Posted: 21 April 2009 at 01:19 | IP Logged Quote Iamweasel

Jorito wrote:
*cough* the stats are available on http://braingames.jorito.net/stats/. I was somewhat shocked to see that I reached 1090GB of traffic in March! I think we were deeplinked again since the Windows version of F-1 Spirit has been downloaded 54679 times! MoG reached 773 downloads, as a runner up.

Browsing through the stats, F-1 Spirit seems to be the most popular remake. Time we finished the network play .

54679 downloads in just a month for a game that hasn't been updated for a long time (and its available at other sites)! Really amazing!

I could imagine F1-Spirit was a popular game, but I didn't know it was that popular. Now I believe the network code HAS to be finished (pressure, pressure).

Btw, nice to see you guys again, its been a while...

Mauricio.
Back to Top View Iamweasel's Profile Search for other posts by Iamweasel Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

WeAveRs

Posted: 24 July 2010 at 07:37 | IP Logged Quote WeAveRs

I have been trying to download Super Transball 2 o utorrent once the download is complete I tried to install but it is not responding can someone help me thanks

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 24 July 2010 at 13:15 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Which OS are you using?

Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version