Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Transball
 Brain Games Forums : Transball
Subject Topic: Transball GL Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 09 February 2008 at 06:35 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

While updating the website I decided to upload a project that I had in my hard drive for a while... It's a new version of transball called Transball GL with plenty of new features. Among them:

- Better graphics
- 11 ships to select from
- built in map editor
- high scoe system
- multiple player management
- better replay handling

It's still only a demo, but it's fully playable!

have fun
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

dfcastelao2

Posted: 10 February 2008 at 03:16 | IP Logged Quote dfcastelao2

No unix makefile!!!! I've created one, but I still find several compilation errors. I'm not a great gravitional arcades fan, but I'm sure that it deserves a try. I'll post my impressions as soon as I'll get it working.

Btw, those spaceship graphics are... err... but the scenario tiles looks quite nice indeed!
Back to Top View dfcastelao2's Profile Search for other posts by dfcastelao2 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10 February 2008 at 07:17 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

What compilation errors are you getting? I remember I compiled it in a Mac a while ago and it worked fine.

About the graphics, hehehe, you have to understand that I drew everything, and I'm not the best graphics guy in the wolrd
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10 February 2008 at 10:46 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

Is this another project that's a candidate for a place in SVN?
Back to Top View Jorito's Profile Search for other posts by Jorito Visit Jorito's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10 February 2008 at 16:54 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

It's in a google code's SVN right now. But sure we can put everything in the same SVN.

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10 February 2008 at 18:48 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

Nah, it's a bit useless to have 1 project in 2 different repositories. Just the one at Google should be fine. I was only asking because David created a Makefile, and when more people work on 1 project, something like SVN helps sorting out the mess
Back to Top View Jorito's Profile Search for other posts by Jorito Visit Jorito's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 04:32 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Anyone who wants to commit to the google SVN, just send me your google ID, and I can add you to the list of people who can commit.

dfcastelao2

Posted: 10 April 2008 at 10:37 | IP Logged Quote dfcastelao2

I got it running on linux finally. Needed to patch a couple of files. It still has some details to fix, but the game works fine.

I've found it a bit hard. I was never a great Asteroids player anyway, so I suck at this gravitional games too .

Btw, it clearly needs some music tracks! The ingame graphics looks pretty well. Quite pleasant tiles, but I still dislike the ships . I also like the menu "graphic" design, found it very clean.

I'll spend some time playing it. Nice work!
Back to Top View dfcastelao2's Profile Search for other posts by dfcastelao2 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

patsie

Posted: 10 April 2008 at 19:22 | IP Logged Quote patsie

Yeah it plays quite nice indeed. I got a couple of coredump for trying to write (debug) files when the application doesn't have rights, but that could easily be solved by using the filehandling.cpp trick.
I don't have a Google ID so I can't commit to google's SVN. Are there objections if this project is moved to Jorito's SVN?

Edited by patsie on 10 April 2008 at 19:23
Back to Top View patsie's Profile Search for other posts by patsie Visit patsie's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10 April 2008 at 21:30 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

dfcastelao2 wrote:
Btw, it clearly needs some music tracks!

Heh, are you sure I don't have enough to do yet? Besides, I don't even know the game, so I don't know if the music from the original is any good or if it even needs completely new music.

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10 April 2008 at 23:59 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

It can be moved to Jorito's SVN, I don't have any preference.

and I know! it's hard (It's supposed to be :)). But there is a map editor included. Whenever I have time I was planning to create more levels with increasing degree of difficulty, the levels included now are directly conversions from the ones I created for Super Transball 2.
But MoG and F-1 Spirit come first (and I'm not managing to find time for those either!!! )

Has anyone unlocked any of the fancy ships already? there's like 11 ships or so in the game.

patsie

Posted: 11 April 2008 at 10:03 | IP Logged Quote patsie

I just compiled it yesterday and played 3 levels or so. So unfortunately I haven't unlocked any new ships (yet).
Back to Top View patsie's Profile Search for other posts by patsie Visit patsie's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Gubi

Posted: 15 April 2008 at 19:39 | IP Logged Quote Gubi

I really love this Game. Super Transball GL is simply great!!!

I  have already unlocked all 11 ships and they are great. In fact there are still some bugs, but it is only the demo version.

I would really like a full version of this game.

I also played Super Transball 2 and I created many maps on my own and now i have a question:

is there a map converter from *.map to *.tgl?? because i would really like to play my old maps on the new game.

It would be great if you could upload a map-converter.

Gubi

Back to Top View Gubi's Profile Search for other posts by Gubi Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 15 April 2008 at 20:25 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Nice to hear that Gubi!!!

I have a small tool that I use to convert the maps. It's not polished and that's why I haven't uploaded it. But If you send me old .map maps I can convert them for you into .tgl maps.

GauchoPuro

Posted: 12 July 2008 at 19:52 | IP Logged Quote GauchoPuro

I just downloaded Super Transball GL, and it looks good! It's been a long time since I played STB 2, and I'm interested to see what the finished game will look like!
Back to Top View GauchoPuro's Profile Search for other posts by GauchoPuro Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

AcesHigh

Posted: 09 September 2008 at 06:35 | IP Logged Quote AcesHigh

GauchoPuro... your location is US, but there are no gauchos in US.

where are you from originally? Argentina? Uruguay? Southern Brazil?
Back to Top View AcesHigh's Profile Search for other posts by AcesHigh Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Gubi

Posted: 17 December 2008 at 21:31 | IP Logged Quote Gubi

hello at all,
i've got a little question:
when will the actual game be ready?
i am really looking forward to testing the multiplayer mode and I would love some new maps

greetings Gubi
Back to Top View Gubi's Profile Search for other posts by Gubi Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Red Dwarf

Posted: 09 April 2009 at 12:55 | IP Logged Quote Red Dwarf

dfcastelao2 wrote:
I got it running on linux finally. Needed to patch a couple of files. It still has some details to fix, but the game works fine.

Could you submit the patches? I tried to compile it but it's too much work...

Case sensitivity:
- collision.cpp:28:20: error: GLtile.h: No such file or directory
- XMLparser.cpp:19:20: error: symbol.h: No such file or directory

Typos:
- "#include <direct.h>" vs "#include <dirent.h>"

Missing includes:
- Still some files need "#include <dirent.h>"

..and after that:
output wrote:
LevelPack.cpp:337: error: '_mkdir' was not declared in this scope
PlayerProfile.cpp:436: error: '_mkdir' was not declared in this scope
state_loadmap.cpp:53: error: '_getcwd' was not declared in this scope
state_mapeditor.cpp:194: error: 'filter_png' was not declared in this scope
state_playerprofile.cpp:114: error: 'm_profile_profiles_names' was not declared in this scope
state_savemap.cpp:53: error: '_getcwd' was not declared in this scope
Back to Top View Red Dwarf's Profile Search for other posts by Red Dwarf Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10 April 2009 at 03:51 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Btw, the whole project is in this Google Code SVN repository: http://code.google.com/p/transball/

If any one has any patch, let me know, and I can just add you as members of the project so that you can commit any change you want.

The game is basically done, the only 3 things remaining are: authoring new maps, finishing (as always) the network code, and some bug fixing. I wish I had time to finish this and the other remakes... sniff...

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 11 April 2009 at 22:15 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

Hey Popolon, good to see you are still around! Pity you don't have any time to work on the remakes just now (especially Knightmare comes to mind), but maybe we can pick up the work again in a while?

Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version