Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Maze of Galious 2
 Brain Games Forums : Maze of Galious 2
Subject Topic: Forum alive, is it? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
dandrea

Posted: 09 October 2007 at 23:56 | IP Logged Quote dandrea

Hello all

Long time no see!

Is this forum still alive?
Back to Top View dandrea's Profile Search for other posts by dandrea Visit dandrea's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 21:25 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Hey Dandrea, yeah alive again

As a fun detail, I managed to recover a not so old version of the MoG2 project that I had backed up miraculously in the braingames server!

Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

JEames
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 00:52 | IP Logged Quote JEames

Popolon wrote:
Hey Dandrea, yeah alive again

As a fun detail, I managed to recover a not so old version of the MoG2 project that I had backed up miraculously in the braingames server!

If you have 2 PCs one great system to have allways have an updated security copy is to intall an online replication system. I user www.foldershare.com and it's really great. Just recently someone stoled Carles's (you now Carles, right?) and no data was lost. It was all replicated on his desk computer at work and part on my laptop (we share some folders regarding getput). Really usefull. :-)

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 09 February 2008 at 18:52 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

Hey Popolon, send me that MoG2 code (email or so), then I will place it into SVN. That's both a nice backup and a way to get other people to work on it as well
Back to Top View Jorito's Profile Search for other posts by Jorito Visit Jorito's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 09 February 2008 at 22:17 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

It's being uploaded right now to the FTP account you created for me in your website. It includes the source code, windows binaries, and the 3 demos we were wroking on: MoG2, Magical Tree, and Gauntlet.

I don't like some of the design decisions that I took while coding MoG2, so I don't know if I want to continue that project. But at least everything that was done is saved!
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 09 February 2008 at 22:29 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

Hmmm, is it possible to create 3 separate zip files/directories for these (MoG2, Magical Tree and Gauntlet)? Then I can properly place them in SVN.

Yes, I think they should be in SVN, even when you are not sure you want to continue with it. Perhaps others might
Back to Top View Jorito's Profile Search for other posts by Jorito Visit Jorito's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10 February 2008 at 07:23 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

The source code (C++) is the exact same one for all of them, since they use the same engine. The only thing that is different is the .mg2 file (that defines the game) and the graphics and music.

I think there could be 4 ZIP files, one with the engine, and then 3 with the games. I'll try to make a split that makes sense and upload it.

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10 February 2008 at 10:45 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

Please note that the Magical Tree .mg2 file is corrupt. Maybe you'd better replace it with the one from the released demo first.

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 04:31 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

The Magical Tree .mg2 is simply using an older version of the engine, and that's why it doesn't work. I'll have to update it.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version