Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Nether Earth
 Brain Games Forums : Nether Earth
Subject Topic: 0.52 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
blaker

Posted: 07 May 2005 at 18:03 | IP Logged Quote blaker

Hi,

I also was a fan of NetherEarth when I was kid. Wouldn't have to say, that the remake is just great! Thanks for the great job you've done and for the time spent on it. WE appreciate that

Now, I did some changes in the code to make the remake closer to the original. Mainly the things forum users were asking about. To name some:

- reversed left/up and right/down

- robots can shoot over half-height buildings (no check for low-positioned weapons yet)

- freshly-built robots don't run until they meet obstacle, and if someone attacks them, they fight

- some changes in menus

- zoom out margin extended

+ some other

I also think, that it's easy to make a WYSIWYG editor based on the game itself. Or even built-in one.

So, I want to ask, can I give you my code and executable for Windows to post on your site? Maybe we could make a sourceforge project for that purpose?

What d'you think?

blaker

Posted: 10 May 2005 at 08:54 | IP Logged Quote blaker

Just yesterday added one more thing:
- If there's no danger, enemy robots are created from the base, which has less robots around
That makes game much more interesting, because previously only one base was producing the robots, while others was an easy target to capture.

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10 May 2005 at 09:48 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Hey!!! Great changes!

If you send me the source code and/or binary files I'll update the game page with them!!! And tell me your name please (to add you to the game credits)

thanks again!
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 12 May 2005 at 13:36 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

I've already uploaded your new version to the web blaker!

thanks again for your collaboration!
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

jam

Posted: 19 May 2005 at 11:37 | IP Logged Quote jam

Link to the Remake v0.52 (WIN32) (852KB) in download section :
"http://www.braingames.getput.com/nether/netherearth052.zip" does not work...

Great game, great work ... I am looking forward for the 0.52 upgrade
Back to Top View jam's Profile Search for other posts by jam Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Daedalus

Posted: 22 May 2005 at 02:15 | IP Logged Quote Daedalus

Can you find out if the rubbish comes from the same IP each time? If so, block it.
Back to Top View Daedalus's Profile Search for other posts by Daedalus Visit Daedalus's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 22 May 2005 at 12:11 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

guest uses still got access to this forum. Fixed.

About the download link, it's true. It's wrong, the file is named "netherearth52.zip" instead of "netherearth052.zip". I don't have access to the server right now, but I'll fix it as soon as I get access.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version