Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Maze of Galious 2
 Brain Games Forums : Maze of Galious 2
Subject Topic: Engine finished!!! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 26 January 2004 at 10:57 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

As I anounced before (in the general forum), my plans were to finish the gnein this weekend. Well... at last!!!! It's finished!!!!!!! (except for the network code)

Now, I'm going to prepare a small "tech-demo" during this week, and the next week or so I'll release it. It will give you a small idea of the things that the engine is capable to do.

MoG2 is coming!!!!
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 27 January 2004 at 14:02 | IP Logged Quote MP83

I'm coming too!!!! Heh, what a joke.

By the way, what's gnein? Is it engine, but oddly typed?

Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 27 January 2004 at 17:10 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

I smoetmies cnaont ctnoorl my hnads

yes, it's engine...
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Lars The 18Th

Posted: 27 January 2004 at 18:15 | IP Logged Quote Lars The 18Th

Yeah great job popolon,

I can't wait to see the engine working :P
Back to Top View Lars The 18Th's Profile Search for other posts by Lars The 18Th Visit Lars The 18Th's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 28 January 2004 at 10:23 | IP Logged Quote MP83

Popolon wrote:
I smoetmies cnaont ctnoorl my hnads

yes, it's engine...

mies = man (in english)

Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Iamweasel

Posted: 02 February 2004 at 06:49 | IP Logged Quote Iamweasel

Great work, Popolon, congratulations!

I read your message about deadlines and not being able to work in your projects and I know exactly what you mean... I've been busy too, but the great news (at least to me :-) ) is that I was accepted in the Master of Science program here in Computer Science, and one of the softwares I must write is a game! :-) Of course it can't be Nemesis, since it should be an educational game, but since I will use the same engine for both, once I finish the game for my thesis, I'll be able to use it in Nemesis, as a matter of fact, I'll possibly use the Nemesis to test the engine as I'm developing it. :-) But I look forward to see your engine working, maybe we can share some ideas about designing engines for games... Congratulations again.

Mauricio.

Mauricio.
Back to Top View Iamweasel's Profile Search for other posts by Iamweasel Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 02 February 2004 at 10:50 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Good news Mauricio.

It's great that you can work in a game engine in your thesis that can be used later in your other game-related projects!!

About game engines, I've acquired quite a lot of knowledge by creating the MoG2 engine. If I could start it again from scratch, I'd do lots of things in a different way now. But well, I'm not going to redo anything at this point of development. However, after MoG2/RoadFighter, etc. I plan to develop a 3D engine for creating Nether Earth 2 and other 3D games I've in mind, and I'll use all the lessons learned during the MoG2 engine...

I've began to write a small document explaining the internals of the engine (a short one, just 3-4 pages long). I think that it can be instructive. I'll post it here when finished. We can discuss it, and share ideas.

About the demo I promised last week, I'm advanding. However, it goes slow since I'm using this demo to test ALL the features of the engine, and therefore, I'm finding some bugs during the demo creation, and I've to fix them, etc. But it is advancing...

HI guy's

Posted: 08 February 2004 at 15:39 | IP Logged Quote HI guy's

WOW at last

well this is a great news ,

but when will be the avilable to play,I could not post any messages before this one cause I was IN iraq and i don't have a telephone but now I came to Dubai in UAE for rest for a few days and to have some refreshment here

I missed up many topics but as soon I will have a telephone in iraq we will meet again;also I want to say hi to:DANDERRIA,MCBAIN,LARS THE 18th,JAMES,ETC...

and I forget MARRY CHRISTMAS to ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of you guy's .

choco 

Back to Top View HI guy's's Profile Search for other posts by HI guy's Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Chocobo 2k

Posted: 08 February 2004 at 15:47 | IP Logged Quote Chocobo 2k

I am soory guy's   that the above message is mine ,I never notice that i am not loged in and the NAME BOX I thought was for the message topics,

sorry ,and hope to see you again,

Chocobo2k

or Choco

Back to Top View Chocobo 2k's Profile Search for other posts by Chocobo 2k Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 09 February 2004 at 11:08 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Hi Choco!!

Long time since your last visit!!
Yes, finally the engine is complete. I'm creating a small demo so that you all can see how the engine works, and what it can do. However, the creation of this demo is going slower than I thought, since as I advance in creating it, I discover small bugs in the engine/editor, or I discover some feature that I need to create certain things, etc. But I'm advancing, and the demo will be out soon.

However, notice that it will NOT be a MoG2 demo, it will just be an ENGINE demo, since I'm using graphics from the MoG remake to do this demo. MoG2 should have completely new and redrawn graphics. So, when you I release the demo, do not pay much atention to the graphics, but to the gameplay, animations, etc.

cheers

santi

MP83

Posted: 10 February 2004 at 10:58 | IP Logged Quote MP83

Choco, thanks for still remembering me (and us).

Hopefully we will see you pretty soon. Until then, take care.

Lars The 18Th

Posted: 10 February 2004 at 20:51 | IP Logged Quote Lars The 18Th

Hi Chocobo2k, its nice to hear you ,

[Offtopic]
I'm Having some problems with decoding the F1-Spirit Password.
The problem is how to calculate the last 2 LETTERS of the password 
maybe you or your brother can explain it a bit detailed
http://members.home.nl/jamesburton/f1spirit.html
Thanx 
[/Offtopic]

Back to Top View Lars The 18Th's Profile Search for other posts by Lars The 18Th Visit Lars The 18Th's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

chocobo2k

Posted: 11 February 2004 at 14:13 | IP Logged Quote chocobo2k

Hi all of you:

well I was a little busy also with my collage project the last few months and see that I did not leave this forum excpet I dont have much time to spend for my life any way I will post the name of my site soon. Thankx all I was reading the post hear from time to time although the forums ware sleeping the last few months.

I've installed REDHAT FEDORA linux Core1 and downloaded the source code and the MAKE file and I've tried to compile the engine but I failed , really I dont know why? so I am asking any one of you for that , SDL is already built into linux and I used emacs to compile the source code from .cpp to .o and the make file still keeps telling me OBJ not found ?? I want to get the binaries to PLAY MOG 

For you LARS18th I still have the paper and I will double check it with my friend when I return to iraq this will take about 10 days but I will do my best.

I hope to see MOG2 soon. Any help needed let me know !

Please Any expert in linux reply !!

Back to Top View chocobo2k's Profile Search for other posts by chocobo2k Visit chocobo2k's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Peak

Posted: 17 February 2004 at 00:18 | IP Logged Quote Peak

Great news...

I'm eager awaiting the completion of this. :D

Keep up the good work, Popolon

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 19 February 2004 at 18:27 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

I've to tell you. One of the small surprises that I wanted to show in the demo of the engine was a completely new YOMAR (the first MoG demon), but fully animated through rotating and scaling bones. But I'm finding problems...

Alhough the engine has proved able to do this task, it is not very ocnfortable to make. Complex objects such as YOMAR (that is composed on this new version of 39 moving parts! i.e. each bone) are very complex to manage in the engine, since 39 scripts have to be synchronized! Therefore, I've designed (still on paper) an extension of the engine to ease the management of them.

What does all this mean: as I want to include YOMAR in the first demo, the demo will be delayed. I'll focus now on creating Magical Tree. Meanwhile I'll start developing the expanded version of the engine, and after that I'll release the demo...

JEames
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 19 February 2004 at 18:47 | IP Logged Quote JEames

Santi... this is the never ending engine...

When you finish it you will have to re-do-it again because computers will have evolved to a next generation and they will be incompatible.

...or we will all go nutts and the human civilitzation will disapear...

You are too perfeccionist!! -If making the script is too complex in large enemies just leave it complex and let someone (may be your self) make a "Large Enemy Script Generator Wizard" where a "Clipo" friend pop's up and ask's you:

• I think you are trying to make a large enemy. Do you want me to help?
  • What kind of enemy do you want? (then a few combo boxes whith things like bones, fire, chemichal ...etc)
  • What kind of movements do you want the enemy to do? (more combos)
  • How many hit points and where do you want to make the enemy sensible to the main characters fire?
  • etc etc, NEXT, NEXT, NEXT ... FINISH

And... THAT'S IT! -The system generates a massive script that you can paste in the the game engine. So easy Bill Gates could do it.

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 19 February 2004 at 19:07 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Well, that's exactly what I wanted to do!!!

Not with "clipo" of course, but a dialog box where you can graphically speficy the enemy, and then all the scripts are generated!

Anyway. It's just an addition! the engine works perfectly out of that... I'm sorry it's taken too long to finish, but you know. you always find something to improve here or there, and the development process never ends...

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 19 February 2004 at 19:09 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

btw, if you want to know one of the things that have delayed the engine during the last two weeks, you can check this link: 

http://old.night-walker.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=248

And I could tell you some other projects that I'm working on, but this is enough for today...

Edited by JEames on 19 February 2004 at 19:28

JEames
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 19 February 2004 at 19:30 | IP Logged Quote JEames

A tetris bot... you just keep surprising me again and again.

I'll have a close look a this tetron stuff next weekend.

BTW: I've edited your post to make the link linkable.

I'm happy to see you still never stop.

Edited by JEames on 19 February 2004 at 19:48

Vampier

Posted: 29 February 2004 at 08:14 | IP Logged Quote Vampier

Right now I'm comparing bots... my CPU load is 99% and your bot is winning 18055 to 1972 :P

Back to Top View Vampier's Profile Search for other posts by Vampier Visit Vampier's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version