Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Transball
 Brain Games Forums : Transball
Subject Topic: Version 1.4 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 03 October 2003 at 10:07 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

I just decided to have a 1 week pause of MoG2, and during that time I've improved Transball and released version 1.4

It has many interesting changes such as automatic best time keeping: the best replays are stored automatically in a folder called "high".

But the main feature of version 1.4 is that Ive introduced 2 new kind of enemies: a new type of cannon and a new type of tank. They are both deadly! With the game, I've added a new level pack called "Second Assault" composed of 8 levels. On this new levels you will see the new enemies.

Hey McBain, you were very good at Transball, try to beat this new 8 levels!!! The first 2-4 levels are rather easy, but the last 4 are _difficult_ ones...
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 06 October 2003 at 10:28 | IP Logged Quote MP83

I believe that I'm still quite good at Transball.  I'll play those levels when I have some spare time.

And about those improvements: I love them!

Keep up the good work!

Edited by McBain on 06 October 2003 at 10:31
Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06 October 2003 at 14:49 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

I'd like to know your oppinion about the accuracy of the new cannons!
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

JEames
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06 October 2003 at 17:12 | IP Logged Quote JEames

Hey, for when a Networked Transball? Imagine co-operated levels where doors and buttons have to be pressed by two different space ships at a time... where one player uses a heavy space ship and the other uses the shadow runner, each one taking advantage of it's capabilities. Imagine a really big scenario where teams of 4 or even 8 players at the same time compete on taking several balls... and teams beeing able to shoot each other... wow... and all this in a Nokia 7650 using GPRS to comunicate with other players....  

Ups! just woke up from a nice dream.

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 07 October 2003 at 09:43 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

I've always wanted to do a networked version of transball... however, I still have not found an idea of gameplay that can be exciting to play in multiplayer:
- Multiple balls?
- A single ball that can be stolen from one player to the other?
- Cooperative?

MP83

Posted: 08 October 2003 at 07:56 | IP Logged Quote MP83

I've tested the new version quickly yesterday and all I can is: Can't get enough of Transball!

I haven't played the version 1.4 very much yet, so I haven't seen those new cannons. But I'll tell my opinion about the accuracy of these new cannons when I've played more.

Not everything is right tho. I think the new effect when picking the sphere is a bit dull. I liked the old one better. The new effect looks weird when I rotate the player ship. But luckily that doesn't affect to gameplay.

Also there's a grammar mistake when completing a level. Everytime when you've beaten the level, you've comleted it or something like that.  For me, those annoys me a lot. So could you fix it, please?  Also the readme file needs some grammar fixing. No offense.

By the way, is the title logo of Transball 2 final? It's very Amiga like.

Cheers.

Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 08 October 2003 at 12:09 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

don't you like the new attractor effect? Ok, I'll try to improve it! I can do much better than that!

I'll try to revise my grammar too

About the logo, It's so amiga since it's drawn with Deluxe Paint II (The drawing program that I used in my Amiga 500!!). I did that logo long ago (I was in the high school!!). And I still keep it since it makes me feel nostalgic of that times! However, I may change some day... (If I find time to)

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17 December 2003 at 11:18 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Released version 1.4 for Mac too

MP83

Posted: 30 January 2004 at 09:22 | IP Logged Quote MP83

I still haven't tested your new levels, sorry.  But that's not my reason for posting here.

I looked at the Transball 2's graphics and there's a thing which I want to know why it's exactly there, what does it do? All I can think of now is guesses.

Edited by McBain on 30 January 2004 at 09:24

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 30 January 2004 at 11:19 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Actually, those images were used in previous versions (Transball 2 for DOS) as the collision masks to decect how the ball has to bounce when colliding with objects. However, now they do nothing at all, since the collision masks are in the file "tile-masks.pcx". They are there just for historic reaasons...

And come on! Test the new levels! A new type of canons and a new kind of tanks await you!! However, I've to say that some of the new levels are _difficult_!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version