Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Nether Earth
 Brain Games Forums : Nether Earth
Subject Topic: version 0.5 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17 September 2003 at 19:19 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

I've uploaded a new versoin of Nether Earth.

It just fixes 3 or 4 bugs, but it also includes some extra maps that I've received from some collaborators!

any of you is planning to edit new maps, come on!! Send them to me! I'll put them all in the web!
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 18 September 2003 at 08:20 | IP Logged Quote MP83

Is is easy to create maps for Nether Earth? I could try to make at least one map.
Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 18 September 2003 at 10:00 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

YEs, it's quite easy. But you have to edit them using NOTEPAD or whaatever other text editor. If you are interested, I can send you information on how to do it... it's quite simple though
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 19 September 2003 at 09:22 | IP Logged Quote MP83

Please, do that.  PM it, or send it to mp83@city.fi.

It's kind of shame that I haven't played Nether Earth's original version, because I never had a change having my own Spectrum (because I was very young, and my father never bought one), but I'm glad that I can at least play all these Spectrum classics nowdays on PC and enjoy them without having any memories.

That means you really don't have to have memories of old classic games, that you could enjoy them nowdays. Is this strange? Is is because of gameplay or game idea?

By the way, I don't have Notepad anymore in my harddrive.  I've changed into EditPad which is better, but still very simple.

Edited by McBain on 19 September 2003 at 09:24
Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 19 September 2003 at 11:50 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Information sent! I hope that you don't find editing maps with EditPad very anoying...

MP83

Posted: 19 September 2003 at 12:38 | IP Logged Quote MP83

What do you mean? Have you tried EditPad and find it hard to use?

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 19 September 2003 at 14:18 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

No,no... I used the word "EditPad" as I could have used "NotePad", what I wanted to mean is:

"I hope that you don't find editing maps with a text editor very anoying..."

MP83

Posted: 23 September 2003 at 11:11 | IP Logged Quote MP83

Why would I?  I have edited maps for MSX games also with the same way (with different "Notepad" anyway ).

But don't expect my map be ready too soon. OK?

X-Phile

Posted: 09 July 2004 at 09:37 | IP Logged Quote X-Phile

I want this instructions too! x-phile@tut.by
Back to Top View X-Phile's Profile Search for other posts by X-Phile Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 09 July 2004 at 10:32 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Well, I'll post the map format here, so that anyone can read it.

The format is quite simple and can be edited with NotePad or any other plain text editor:

1) The first two numbers are the width and the length in squares (the maps can be any size, but at least they have to be so big to cover the full radar: small maps can make the game to crash)

2) then, you specify the ground: for each square of the ground, you have to specify if it is:
G : grass
S, S2: sand
M: mountains
H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6: holes

3) After that, you have to specify the list of buildings, the possible buildings are:
fence x y (x, and y are the coordinates, just look at the original.map to see an example)
wall1 x y
wall2 x y
wall3 x y
wall4 x y
wall5 x y
wall6 x y
factory x y chassis
factory x y cannons
factory x y missiles
factory x y phasers
factory x y nuclear
factory x y electronics
warbase x y owner (where owner=1 means the player, and owner=2 means the computer)

Therefore the fileformat is:

-------------------------------------
X
Y
ground (X*Y squares)
buildings (as many as you want)
-------------------------------------

I hope this helps! If you have some trouble, just tell me! And don't forget to send me your maps, when you create them!!!

cheers

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version