Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Maze of Galious 2
 Brain Games Forums : Maze of Galious 2
Subject Topic: About NETWORK mode Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
chocobo2k

Posted: 07áSeptemberá2003 at 17:17 | IP Logged Quote chocobo2k

Hi again guys:

In the network game when you play like a hundred player or less ,so what will be the purpose of the game -- i.e with 100 player you can beat any enemy in the whole game even the monsters & and if they not play together how it will be and will the player will see the other players in the game ???

and what about the story will it be in network game or just A DEATH MATCH game will it be.

yours,

choco.

Back to Top View chocobo2k's Profile Search for other posts by chocobo2k Visit chocobo2k's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 08áSeptemberá2003 at 10:00 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

My idea is the following one:
- The map of MoG2 will consist on a main map (the castle) and several submaps (worlds) (and maybe some outdoor scenarios also...)

- There will be some areas of the castle that cannot be entered in a normal game, or simply some teleporters/magic gates, etc. that cannot be used. Those will be used to expand the castle in the networked mode, so that the map will be much bigger, and there will be specific worlds designed for multiplayer that cannot be completed with a single player, since coordinated action will be required.

- There are some ideas that are "dancing" in my mind, such as having a jail inside the castle with lots of locked rooms. Each player will have the key to a single room, so that he can leave their objects there if he wants to leave the game. It will be like a "home". So that you can leave the game and continue playing it someother day (it's basically the same idea than in the MUDs). As you keep solving that multi-player maps/worlds/quests, you will gain new items that will make your character stronger. There can be a final mission that can be impossible to finish unless you have completed all the multiplayer maps...
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

JEames
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 08áSeptemberá2003 at 10:36 | IP Logged Quote JEames

Wow... that all sound great!!!

chocobo2k

Posted: 08áSeptemberá2003 at 17:14 | IP Logged Quote chocobo2k

yeah I think this will be good and I think if you add some enemies that throw arrows will be good and put some faking walls that you can pass through it like when you get the cross in MOG 1,and put some traps like (mines,holes,spikes ) to make it harder to finis alone.

I am waiting to play the game so much.

Back to Top View chocobo2k's Profile Search for other posts by chocobo2k Visit chocobo2k's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 09áSeptemberá2003 at 11:59 | IP Logged Quote MP83

Making fake walls is a good idea. That idea was used with Maze of Galious for NES, and it worked in my opinion.
Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Gaze

Posted: 16áMarchá2004 at 19:39 | IP Logged Quote Gaze

Hi there,

I have an idea for networked mode

maybe some item called "vision" can be bought/found in the game so that a player can "vision" or see the other player for a short while in a little "window" in the corner of the screen,

Swap items with fellowplayers

how are you dealing with "pause" in a networked game?

Back to Top View Gaze's Profile Search for other posts by Gaze Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

JEames
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 16áMarchá2004 at 19:45 | IP Logged Quote JEames

On networked games there is no pause. There's only connected or disconnected. When everyone is disconnected then you have a nice pause.

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17áMarchá2004 at 09:33 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

If I don't remember bad, someone had a similar idea in the "MoG2 story" forum, about an object (a magic mirror or something like that) with which you can see other characters. That's a good idea I think!

About swaping items, I think that the best solution is to allow a character to drop items. If there is another player nearby he will be able to pick up the items that the other player is dropping.

I didn't thought about pause in networked mode. In fact, as it is implemented right now, if a player pauses the game, ALL the other players will also pause the game! But that's a problem. I'll add this to my "to-do" list!
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Gaze

Posted: 17áMarchá2004 at 10:57 | IP Logged Quote Gaze

Maybe customization of the characters is also possible,

different armor color etc..

Back to Top View Gaze's Profile Search for other posts by Gaze Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17áMarchá2004 at 11:08 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Yes, that'd be possible. But still not implemented (in fact, I'm not going to implement it until we got some definitve graphics for the characters )

Gaze

Posted: 17áMarchá2004 at 15:54 | IP Logged Quote Gaze

was chat going to be implemented?, if so, it would be nice if there is an a little picture of popolon/aphrodite next to the message window.

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17áMarchá2004 at 16:15 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Yes! Chat is already implemented!

Check this thread:

http://www.braingames.getput.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=246&PN=1

There are three screenshots (I like the one in the second page of the thread the best) of Popolon and aphrodite chatting.

In fact, the kind of chat that is implemented only allows characters that are inside the SAME room to talk, since the chat system is implemented drawing "bubbles" of text over the characters (comic-like).

In that thread there are a lot of proposals to talk with characters that are in other rooms! If you have any other idea not mentioned in that thread, please tell us!

However, it won't be too difficult to implement a more standard chat....

Edited by Popolon on 17áMarchá2004 at 16:26

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version