Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Maze of Galious 2
 Brain Games Forums : Maze of Galious 2
Subject Topic: version 0.6 of the engine/editor Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 15áJuneá2003 at 12:35 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Hi there!

I've just uploaded a new version of the engine/editor for MoG2 (version 0.6). It includes many new features and bug fixes. I'm not going to list all the changes here, but just the main things:

- Improved variable access (now very uniform)
- Added drawing modes (normal, shaded and bicolor)
- Improved performance (now it doesn't slowdoen when changing of room)
- Things added to the demo game (test.mg2):
   - A small LAVA room (first trial to implement the lava effect)
   - Enemies and stones leave coins, keys and arrows whitch popolon can pick up
   - a simple switch that controls the appearance of some bricks
   - popolon gets hurt when touches an enemy

dandrea, please try this new version, just to see that the same bug of version 0.5 with the LOAD dialog is really fixed and doesn't appear again!

You can grab the ZIP file at:
http://www.braingames.getput.com/mog2/mog2-editor.html

btw, only the editor has been updated, I've still not updated the editor guide. But I think that RoadFighter has higher priority now!

That's all. Now it's time for RoadFighter for some days!
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 17áJuneá2003 at 12:03 | IP Logged Quote MP83

I've downloaded it and tested it. All I can say is: WOW! I'm sure this game will be fantastic when it's ready.

I specially like the option for multiplayer game. Because of it, you could add puzzles that people can try to get pass by cooperating, like pushing some block together or something like that.

I suggest you to play game called THE LOST VIKINGS, made by Blizzard (it was made for multiple machines such as SNES, Amiga, PC and GBA). By playing it, you could see things that could be implented in the multiplayer game. If necessacary, I could send you the rom for the SNES emulator.

Keep up the good work, Santi! You're the man.
Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 17áJuneá2003 at 12:12 | IP Logged Quote MP83

Almost forgot...if you want to make MOG2 more different (and little bit more difficult) than the MOG, then I suggest you to make some of the world bosses to be defeated with something else than with swords or any special weapons. By this I mean special tricks that makes the player to think a way to destroy the boss. If the boss is using some shield, then the player has to think a way to disable it before making any damage to the boss, or something like that. You could also take the good use of the multiplayer option for this. I hope you understand my point. Cheers.
Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17áJuneá2003 at 15:53 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Thanks for the comments McBain!

I know the LOST VIKINGS, but I don't have it currently installed. I'll search on my room among the hundreds of floppies to see if I can found it there (It should be).

And about the bosses, yes I got your point. The idea is not making the game just a question of using your sword, but also of using your head! We can talk about that in the MoG2 history forum once the engine is finished and we start designing worlds!

And about the multiplayer mode, currently it only allows you to play using a single computer, but my idea is to implement networked multiplayer mode with an unlimited of players per game, so you can create groups of characters to go and conquer some world!!! (specially designed worlds that need more than one player to be solved)
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

JEames
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17áJuneá2003 at 16:44 | IP Logged Quote JEames

The Lost Vikings title

The Lost Vikings! Great classic! If anyone wants to download it it's only 1.2Mb (you can fetch it on to a single floppy disk):

Download here

I remember finishing this game.

Edited by JEames on 17áJuneá2003 at 16:45
Back to Top View JEames's Profile Search for other posts by JEames Visit JEames's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

dandrea

Posted: 17áJuneá2003 at 18:10 | IP Logged Quote dandrea

Popolon wrote:

And about the bosses, yes I got your point. The idea is not making the game just a question of using your sword, but also of using your head! We can talk about that in the MoG2 history forum once the engine is finished and we start designing worlds!

Then, you MUST play a SNES gem called Yoshi's Island: Super Mario World 2. It's graphics are no less than fantastic for a 16-bit system, and it's gameplay just ROCKS. The end bosses are STRONG in the requisite you cited in your previous paragraph.

Fernando.

Back to Top View dandrea's Profile Search for other posts by dandrea Visit dandrea's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 18áJuneá2003 at 12:36 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

I've downloaded the Vikings and played a couple of levels. It's funny, but for this kind of games (several characters with different skills), my favourite is definitively "The Fury of the Furries" (However, it's NOT related to MoG)

MP83

Posted: 18áJuneá2003 at 13:08 | IP Logged Quote MP83

I've also played "The Fury of the Furries" on PC, but I stupidly sold that game. Actually it was Kalisto collection CD which contained four games made by that company.

JEames
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 18áJuneá2003 at 13:23 | IP Logged Quote JEames

And another classic. I remember playing this but not finishing it.

9975Z_furyfurries1.zip

59A9B_furyfurries2.zip

(unzip both on the same directory)

...under Windows 2000 goes really slow.

Back to Top View JEames's Profile Search for other posts by JEames Visit JEames's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

dandrea

Posted: 18áJuneá2003 at 16:05 | IP Logged Quote dandrea

Popolon wrote:
I've downloaded the Vikings and played a couple of levels. It's funny, but for this kind of games (several characters with different skills), my favourite is definitively "The Fury of the Furries" (However, it's NOT related to MoG)

Fury of the Furries, really unbeatable in this aspect! :-) Man, there was one of the soundtracks of this game (at least in the Amiga version) that reminded me somewhat of Pink Floyd, totally surreal.

Back to Top View dandrea's Profile Search for other posts by dandrea Visit dandrea's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 19áJuneá2003 at 10:24 | IP Logged Quote MP83

About Furry of the Furries. The gameplay and most of the graphics were already used in Kalisto's game called "Pac-Man in Time". Santi, if you like Fury of the Furries that much, then maybe you want to play Pac-Man in Time also.

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 19áJuneá2003 at 10:57 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Never played Pac-an in time. Is it somewhow similar to the Furries?

And btw, Jason. Are you an endless source of games? for every game we mention, you appear with a post containing the game!!! That's great!!

But let's stop mentioning games, because now I feel liko to start playing Vikings anf Furries again and that's not good. That can only slow down the development!!!

MP83

Posted: 19áJuneá2003 at 12:59 | IP Logged Quote MP83

Pac-in-Time (this is the real name of the game, sorry!) is very similar to Furry of the Furries, but the stages and the theme are different and ofcourse the story. In other words, those both games uses the same game-engine.

And ofcourse Jason will upload that game too.

JEames
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 20áJuneá2003 at 11:17 | IP Logged Quote JEames

Well, I've never played Pac-in-time, but searching a bit arround the net this is what I've found:

As you can see on the image, the game is realy similar to Fury of the Furys. And of course, a link to download the game (bearly 1.44Mb... so it can be fetched on a floppy )

765CE_pacintime.zip

And finally, and to finish it up, I've found a Game boy ROM version:

C7C41_GameBoy_pac_in_time.zip

This is going to end-up as a file download site.

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 20áJuneá2003 at 12:09 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Hey!! All those graphics are the same than in Furries. You were right!!! I'll download it later and give it a try

dandrea

Posted: 20áJuneá2003 at 15:41 | IP Logged Quote dandrea

Try Yoshi's Island too.

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 20áJuneá2003 at 23:24 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Ok, I'll try to find the ROM (may I had it in my HD, since I have tons of SNES ROMs)

MP83

Posted: 23áJuneá2003 at 12:08 | IP Logged Quote MP83

I told you that Fury of the Furries is very similar to Pac-in-Time. Ofcourse you didn't believed me, Popolon?  When you've played it, could you tell me which one did you like the best?

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 23áJuneá2003 at 12:50 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Ufortunately, I'm unable to run Furries or Pac-in-time in my laptop. Furries needs more memory (I should do a start-up-disk that starts the computer in DOS, but I'm lazy) and Pac-in-time directly hangs!!

However, I've been able to play Yoshi's island. It really has impresive graphics for being a SNES, it makes INTENSIVE use of scaling/roation. Moreover, I do like how you can interact with objects: pushing rocks that start moving and that can collide with objects and bounce, etc. But I've just played the first level (until the baby changes to the next dragon) and the puzzles are really simple (if there is any), I will have to play alittle more to see the kind of puzzles that the game has.

MP83

Posted: 23áJuneá2003 at 13:21 | IP Logged Quote MP83

I have played Yoshi's Island, but didn't like it for some reason. Nice effects it has.  In the end the levels gets too boring in my opinion.  Anyway, I love Yoshi's Island title screen the most.  

Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version