Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Transball
 Brain Games Forums : Transball
Subject Topic: ST2 Bug list Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MP83

Posted: 17áMarchá2003 at 12:43 | IP Logged Quote MP83

The Maze of Galious got bug list, so why not the Super Transball too?

In my opinion ST2 works like a dream , it haven't never crashed nor has it slow down, but it does have some minor bugs or should I say typing mistakes.

Here's what I have found so far (in no particular order):

- Level 6's name is currently Doors ans switches

- Readme file got some typing mistakes (Santi, you write too fast )

- ST2 v1.2 got v1.1 demo replays, so they don't play like they should at all.

Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17áMarchá2003 at 15:25 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

In fact, Transball has much less bugs because it was planned since the begining. The maze of Galious started as a small test version, and after applying some patches, I was too lazy for creating the definitive version from scratch, and used the patched test version as the definitive one... That is the main source of bugs: the absence of any planning or structure behind the program.

However, MoG2 has a strong planning behind it, so I will much much less bugs. I promise!!

I will take a look at all the bugs you mention ,plus some add-ons, that you and other have suggested:
- Place the demo?.rpl files in another directory (so that you cannot delete them accidentally)
- Maybe some "record keeping" feature in the game (so that you can have a hi-score table embedded in the game).

May be all of that (and may be some graphic improvement) will make the version 1.3
I'm also thinking on a fourth (green) ship, also with low powered weapons (as shadow runner), and with a small extra feature in the thrusters (I'm still deciding between two posible designs)
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 17áMarchá2003 at 16:48 | IP Logged Quote MP83

Sounds promising.  Do you need any sketches for the green ship? Speaking of graphic improvement, have you decided to use any of my work like new title screen or that icy font (if you don't know what I'm talking about, then check you e-mail)? And how you're going to manage to create that ingame hi-score table?

Anyway, it's great to hear news about Super Transball, because it is a funny and addictive game.

Truly yours, McBain.

PS: Could you improve renaming feature with couple of more characters like - and _

Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17áMarchá2003 at 19:33 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Noted down.

And yes, I've seen your new version of transball. I've also oticed that you have changed a bit the lasers!

My idea is to redraw completely ALL the tiles, so all the help that I can get is appreciated!! But I'm not going to start this right now. This will be after releasing the next version of MoG and MoG2 editor...
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 21áMarchá2003 at 11:52 | IP Logged Quote MP83

There's one more minor mistake in the ST2. When in the replays-screen, the background logo goes to transparency mode, but in the type code-screen, the background logo stays bright, so it's hard to see the text. I noticed this when I was playing my modified version of ST2.

MP83

Posted: 17áMarchá2004 at 08:47 | IP Logged Quote MP83

Is it just me or are the player ship's bullets in this replay invisible?

BugReplayST2.zip

I recorded and played that replay using the latest versions of ST2.

Edit: That link isn't working. JEames, could you fix this?

Edited by JEames on 18áMarchá2004 at 13:24

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17áMarchá2004 at 09:55 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

nevermind about the link, I've accessed via FTP to get the file.

But, that's true!! The bullets aren't displaying!!
Thanks for that replay McBain, I'll try to take a look later to see if I can find the bug!

MP83

Posted: 17áMarchá2004 at 10:22 | IP Logged Quote MP83

As a note, that bug happened even while playing. It all happened accidently, so I can't arrange that bug second time.

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 18áMarchá2004 at 11:02 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

he,he I discovered what happened!

There's no bug on the game. It's just that in that replay your ship is travelling EXACTLY at the same speed than the bullets go, and therefore your ship covers the bullets!

JEames
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 18áMarchá2004 at 13:23 | IP Logged Quote JEames

-fixed the link! the asp forums don't like files with parenthesis "()".

BugReplay(ST2).zip

BTW: McBain: at what kind of speed was you moving!!! -Trying to beat your own records or what?!

Edited by JEames on 18áMarchá2004 at 13:24

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 18áMarchá2004 at 17:11 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

btw, about breaking records,

McBain, have you already broken my record for level 3 of the "sample pack"? (I love that level!)
and what about the "second assault"?

MP83

Posted: 18áMarchá2004 at 20:27 | IP Logged Quote MP83

JEames, actually I wasn't trying to beat my own records (I have tried before, tho).  I just tested ST2 on my brother's computer, because it seems that he can listen MP3's when playing it.  I have to convert MP3's to WAV before I can listen musics when playing ST2 on my computer. Why's that? We got the same operating system, same soundcard & same version of WinAmp. I don't believe it's because of my WinXP Service Pack 1, but who said it isn't possible?

Popolon, thanks for the info about that "bug".  Maybe you could add it to your 'Funny Replays' -section?  About the records: I haven't played ST2 lately, so my latest records can still be found from your website. By the way, I'll promise to beat every records someday, so look forward it.  Just not now. Maybe after Magical Tree? Let's see...

Edited by McBain on 18áMarchá2004 at 20:30

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 19áMarchá2004 at 09:36 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

It's curious, since I can also play MP3 files while playing ST2. However, I use Windows ME. I have no idea on what can be causing the problems. May be different versions of DirectX?

MP83

Posted: 19áMarchá2004 at 11:01 | IP Logged Quote MP83

It may be because of DirectX. If my memory serves me, I still have some early beta version of DirectX 9.  Let's see if newer version of DirectX will fix my problem.

Edited by McBain on 19áMarchá2004 at 11:02

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version