Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Transball
 Brain Games Forums : Transball
Subject Topic: Mac OS X version! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 18 December 2002 at 12:48 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Nothing else to say. Mac users, please go to the Transball download page!!
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

CRUMPET

Posted: 25 December 2004 at 20:03 | IP Logged Quote CRUMPET

I can't get it to run under Mac OS X at all! I've downloaded and installed the SDL library things but it still doesn't work!
Back to Top View CRUMPET's Profile Search for other posts by CRUMPET Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 27 December 2004 at 11:00 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Have you downloaded the SDL frameworks that are present in the main page of this web?
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

JEames
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 07 March 2005 at 16:27 | IP Logged Quote JEames

Can someone give me an explanation for this last message?

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 08 March 2005 at 11:18 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

I don't know who it is, but I've deleted 3 messages like that one in the last 2 days.

I wouldn't want to close the forums for non registered users, but if this continues I'll have to...

JEames
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 08 March 2005 at 19:05 | IP Logged Quote JEames

I believe that forcing users to register is a must on any open online messaging system... In fact we are luky; probably, if this forum had many accesses we would be crouded with spam and rubish like that.

Probably, the fact that these forums are quiet, is helping... 3 rubish messages a week is nothing to worry about.

Santi: when is your thesis going to be finished?!

BTW: I'm starting on my new job next monday... where? here: www.zemsania.com (consulting services)... so I will probably be busy the next few months.

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 09 March 2005 at 10:13 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Well, if I receive a single rubish message more, then I'll close the access to guests.

about the thesis, I hope to submit the document in about 2-3 weeks, so it's REALLY close!!!! (after 4 years of work). Then, it takes about 2 months of signing documents and waiting for tramits until I can present it in public. But the real work is to submit the document.

and about your job: how does it coexist with getput? I guess that having a full-time job will leave you very few time for getput...

Malarkey

Posted: 26 October 2005 at 08:42 | IP Logged Quote Malarkey

Hi, I haven't been able to get the Mac version to run. SDL + libraries are installed. Unfortunately, nothing shows up in the Console output so I can't even begin to guess what's going wrong with it.
Back to Top View Malarkey's Profile Search for other posts by Malarkey Visit Malarkey's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 26 October 2005 at 10:32 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

In that case the problem should be that one of the frameworks that the game needs cannot be found. Exactly what parts of SDL have you installed?
you need:
- SDL
- SDL_mixer
- SDL_image

(you can dowload them from the bottom of the main page of this web: http://www.braingames.getput.com ).

Malarkey

Posted: 26 October 2005 at 20:42 | IP Logged Quote Malarkey

Yup. I have all the required frameworks in /Library/Frameworks. Could it be a Tiger/OSX 10.4.2 compatibility issue?
Back to Top View Malarkey's Profile Search for other posts by Malarkey Visit Malarkey's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 27 October 2005 at 14:55 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Don't know. I haven't tested transball in Tiger...
Tomorrow I'm going to have access to a mac. I'll give a try to Transball and tell you more.

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 28 October 2005 at 16:00 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Today I've run Transball in Mac OS X Tiger. And it run without any problem. However, I didn't try the binary file in the web, I simply recompiled the source code.

Have you compiled your own version of transball or have you downloaded the binary files?

maybe the binary distribution uses an old version of SDL, and cannot be run over SDL 1.2.8 (the latest version).

Malarkey

Posted: 28 October 2005 at 16:39 | IP Logged Quote Malarkey

I downloaded the binary files. Source code is available? I didn't see a link to it anywhere on the website. Is it in one of the other archives?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version